We will go over any offers in detail. As I stated earlier, price is not the only consideration. Because a home sale involves an array of both personal and business concerns, it’s important to get it right. These are some of the things we will review:
- The price, is it at or near asking price?
- Are there contingencies that effect the price such asclosing help?
- Is the buyer qualified? I will contact the lender and determine as best I can if the buyer is able to bring this transaction to settlement.
- How do the other terms effect you? Inspections, appraisal, loan approval, settlement date.
- I will negotiate on your behalf any counter offers you would like to make.
- In most cases, the first offer is the best offer, I will work with you to make sure there are no hidden items or surprises.
GETTING TO SETTLEMENT
My work doesn’t end with a ratified contract. There are still many things to be watched and managed between ratification and closing. I will keep and eye on all aspects until you sign the deed and hand over the keys. I will:
- Negotiate items from home inspections
- Work with you to find the appropriate contractors to complete any necessary repairs.
- Maintain contact with the lender to make sure the loan is proceeding.
- Meet with appraisers
- Make sure all necessary paperwork gets to the settlement company.
- Guide you through the contract deadlines and essential paperwork
- Work with you to help you with utility change over
- Coordinate the final walk through.
- Coordinate closing date and time.
- Keep in contact regularly to minimize stress.
THE FINAL STEPS
The settlement day arrives. The last minute details are:
- Handling any items from the final walk through
- Reviewing the HUD-1
- Attending the settlement with you
- Follow up after settlement on any lingering items such as water escrow etc.
Working together as a team we will make this as positive and stress free as possible.